5 Fashion Do's And Don'ts Winter Guide
By Tamy Lugo • Saks Fifth Avenue, winter fashion trends for 2011, fall trends for 2011, what to wear, how to wear winter fashions, in style, wardrobe, make over, Forever 21 peplum jacket, Kate Spade animal print boots, Charlotte Russe platform suede and croc platform heels, how to wear a faux fur vest, mango multi color sweater, Burberry cable knit, Style guide, holiday gifts, where to find great gifts, get the look, economic, budget friendly, high end department stores, 5 fashion dos and donts winter guide
Cold fronts are approaching and blizzards are brewing in the skies. When the winter chill makes its grand entrance; What are we to wear? Before you go rummaging through your storage, take into consideration the following 5 tips for dressing warm yet up-to-date.
1. Keep away from the long squared shaped jackets/coats.
These types of jackets are in fact unflattering to your figure, at the same time creating a boxy shortened image.
opt for cuts that taper in around your waistline but do not pass the knees, much like Forever 21’s
fleece peplum coat. Did I mention? The retro peplum shape is back! And it works for just about any body type
2. Don’t wear chunky on chunky.
Meaning, a chunky knit sweater with matching jogging pants. Once a popular trend for moms, my advice is to keep it indoors. Times have changed and channeling the Michelin tire guy is so passé.
Instead, spice things up with striped multicolors such as this Mango round neck sweater. Not too thick, but still comfy and warm.
3. Beware of large cable knits too. Practice caution in combining a large cable knit top with your bottom. Although they tend to look cozy, they add bulk to the body if you ignore proportion. The length should remain at your natural waist or high hip.
The Burberry Cable Knit Cardigan in a warm wool & cashmere blend is the perfect portion on top. When paired with light corduroys, it’s the right constituent.
4. Try not to get hunted down by poachers when wearing an oversize fur/faux fur. Please make sure whichever you choose; the entire look is not overkill. As seen at Saks Fifth Avenue.
Choose a vest or a sweater with fur couplings for better balance.
5. Head outdoors trotting boots and shoes in a hot color, a fun pattern, even texture will attract focus on the lowest part so that any other parts you may not be thrilled about go unnoticed.
Kate Spade animal print rain boots and Charlotte Russe faux suede + faux croc both draw tons of "ooohs” and "ahhhs”.
Winter does not have to be a drag, let alone cause us to
look frumpy. However, winter is a great
time to revamp ourselves while we avoid going into a state of style